Gallery

Caffenol: The 1st Attempt

My 1st attempt at Caffenol were admittedly not under ideal conditions.  I used an expired roll of Kodak E100S, shot it on a Petri 2.8 from 1957 (?)photo using a Vivitar 45 light meter and developed using not one of the “Caffenol C” recipes (as I had yet to get a scale) but used the “Caffenol – Volumetric” CM-RS (p. 20) recipe by Martina Woll & John Caradies.

While the negatives I ended up with were not very good, very dense and I think underdeveloped, I was very happy and considered the experiment a success!  Regardless of all the variables that I was up against, I had still developed a roll of film for the 1st time in 20+ years, using basic, household chemicals.  After some post-processing in Lightroom, I actually had an image!  The adventure continues…

Advertisements

One thought on “Caffenol: The 1st Attempt

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s